Their theme is a patriotic one, in time for you to be inspired to create your own projects for your Independence Day celebrations. That's right, we're Celebrating the Red, White and Blue, with a group of talented crafters.
First, some Hop Business:
- You should have arrived here from Charmagne's blog. If you joined us from my blog, be sure to go back to the start of the Hop (Carter's Crafting Corner) so you don't miss a thing.
- There are some prizes to win if you follow and comment on each of the participants' blogs. Some bloggers have their own blog candy too, with their own set of qualifiers.
- The Hop runs the whole weekend, from Friday June 21 at 9 a.m. through Sunday, June 23 at 6 p.m. (Central Time), so you have plenty of time to visit/comment.
- Your next stop after me is Alicia's blog at Golden Goddess Designs.
Now, onto my project for this Hop:
I made a patriotic TriFold Shutter Card. If you've never made one before, I highly recommend a tutorial by Bonnie on Splitcoast Stampers. (Click HERE for the tute!)
To decorate the card, I used my new Close To My Heart "Home of the Brave" stamp set, shown here:
... combining it with the "True Thank You" sentiment that's a special CTMH stamp where the profits from sales of this stamp benefits the American Red Cross for relief/aid to those affected by the recent Oklahoma tornadoes.
Several people have asked me how I made the stars paper as well as the banner. For the stars paper, simply repeat the small star stamp over and over as many times as you like. I used CTMH's Exclusive Ink in "Outdoor Denim", stamped on CTMH's Colonial White paper.
For the banner, I used the straight edge of the striped flag stamp and repeated it over and over in a straight line on a strip of paper that was 1.25" high x 12" wide. Then, masking the stripe, I stamped with the straight edge of the star stamp. I cut the banners from the strip of paper, with the top of the banner measuring 1" wide.
BLOG CANDY: How would you like to get that cute THANK YOU stamp for free?! Well, here are two chances:
- One winner who both comments and follows me here will be selected at random to win CTMH #M1029 "True Thank You" stamp and a $10 gift certificate to my Close To My Heart store! No purchase necessary to be eligible to win!
- EVERYONE who purchases the beautiful "Home of the Brave" CTMH stamp set or its companion stamp set "Courage" CTMH stamp set from my CTMH site from now through July 31 will receive from me a "True Thank You" stamp for free! To purchase, you may use the link provided above BUT THEN let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you've done so, so I can send you your reward as your thank you! This gift is from me personally, and not from CTMH, and will arrive separately from your ordered stamp set.
Remember... We live in the Land of the Free because this is the Home of the Brave.
Your next hop stop is:
Thank you for visiting!!