Over my 5-year (!!) course of blogging, I've met many, many crafting colleagues who I now consider friends.
Several of these are women who joined me in "Banner Hops" where we made special occasion banners -- Halloween, Christmas, and Spring -- for children at a long-term care facility where I used to work.
One of those women, Beth McGee and her young daughter, Emily, made beautiful banners many times, and generously donated them to the kids in need of special love.
So when Beth asked if I would join with her in celebrating Emily's 16th birthday with a surprise card hop, I am all in. I decided to make one of my favorite cards, a pop-up, to mark this special occasion and special girl. Here is the card (front view, at top; side view next; and the back is the third image, below.)
If you're a long-time follower of my blog, you know I've made several of these cards. They're spectacular to receive, and often become real keepsakes. And they're really not that hard to make. If you'd like to see the template I've developed for them, just scroll down to the word-cloud (index) at the bottom of my blog and look for "pop-up cards". Click there, and you'll be taken to other examples, as well as the template.
WIN BLOG CANDY!!!
So now what's a blog hop without blog candy, right?
Last week, I taught a really fun class in which students made 7 Christmas cards using the beautiful CTMH White Pines Scrapbooking Program cards, CTMH Poppy Twine and CTMH Red Enamel gems. One of the cards was a pop-up. If you'll be so kind as to leave a comment here on this post, and follow my blog if you'd like, one winner will receive the detailed printed instructions for the pop-up card, pictures of some of the pop-ups I've made, and the Close To My Heart products (mentioned above) I gave to my students to make the set! The products have a value of about $15, and the directions are ... priceless, of course.
Again, the only requirement for my blog candy is to leave a comment on this blog post; follow my blog only if you'd like to.
It's time to move on in the Hop...
You should have arrived here from THIA's blog so your next stop is at JANIS's blog. CLICK HERE to be taken directly to Janis's blog post.
If you came to my blog just to see what's up and would like to see more cute cards for Emily's 16th birthday, go back to Beth's blog at the start of the hop. Beth (Emily's Mom) has GRAND PRIZE blog candy that you'll not want to miss!
Here is the full list of those celebrating this very special occasion:
- Beth - http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com
- Mary - http://cardztv.blogspot.com
- Shawnee - http://sunshinycards.blogspot.com
- Thia - http://bluemooncreation.blogspot.com
- Ellen- http://www.cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
- Jennifer R- http://www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
- Krystal - http://krystalklearcreations.blogspot.com
- Connie- http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com
- Maria - http://maria-linacreativedesigns.blogspot.com
- Jessica D. - http://craftinandstampin.blogspot.com
- Georgia- http://www.geritolgal2.blogspot.com
- Julie - http://muddypawsinkyfingers.BlogSpot.com
- Barbara - http://www.spotofsanity.BlogSpot.com
- Jessica P - http://kissinkrafts.BlogSpot.com