Here, fantastic and generous crafters donated their talents, time and holiday banners to the children at Pediatric Specialty Care in Bucks County, PA. (See www.PediatricSpecialty.Com)
I am privileged to work at Pediatric Specialty Care as Admissions Coordinator. The children (ages 0-21) we see are medically-fragile and technologically-dependent -- many are tethered to a ventilator that runs through a tracheostomy; most are wheelchair-bound, and cognitively impaired. They are all delightful children who face life with optimism and hope for a better tomorrow.
On this hop, we have 34 generous hoppers who have created fabulous banners. I've split the group in half so you're not overwhelmed with completing the hop in just one day.
If you missed yesterday's wonderful banners, do scroll down to my post from yesterday for a list of Day #1's participants. Visit their blogs too, for additional inspiration ... leave ♥love♥ and get extra chances to win fabulous blog candy from our sponsors!
Did someone say "Blog Candy"?? YES, there's BLOG CANDY to be had!! THANK YOU to our generous sponsors who have provided prizes to those who hop along. Here are our sponsors and their prizes:
|One winner will receive four free digi-images of |
their own choosing from www.MeljenDesigns.com!
|www.HappyScrappy.us will provide one winner with a code|
valued at $20 toward your purchase from their terrific site!
|Beautiful ribbons, embellishments, charms and more are on the |
http://meiflower.co.uk site. They'll be giving a voucher valued approx $32 USD.
Follow the blog and comment on as many projects as you choose -- the more blogs where you comment and follow, the more chances you have to win. There's just one catch: please actually comment on the project, which shows you've looked at the project, not just cut/pasting random comments ("CUTE! TYFS") only to win the prize.
Random.org will choose the winners, subject to verification that winners have met the above-stated criteria.
Without further ado, here is my banner for Day #2:
And here is the detail from one of the pennants, and techniques I used:
In case you missed my banner for Day #1, here it is reprised:
I used Meljen's Designs for the digi-art Santa's sleigh collection. I colored each image using Copic markers, and mounted each member of the herd on a snowflake cut from American Crafts glitter stock, using a Sizzix die. Here is detail from each of the reindeer:
No matter their limitations, the eyes of the kids who reside at Pediatric Specialty Care light up when given a handmade banner or card. They love the bright colors, and knowing that there are so many people from around the world care enough to send them these decorations for their rooms.
Thank you (!!!) to each of the crafters who has made a Holiday Banner. Please stop by each of their blogs to send them some love. Today (Sunday, November 6), please hop to the following blogs:
- Ellen ♥ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
^ YOU ARE HERE! ^
- Michelle - http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com/
^ THIS IS YOUR NEXT STOP! ^
- Tonya - http://creativeaddictiontopaper.blogspot.com/
- Carol Carlson - http://cardstockscissorsandglue.blogspot.com/
- Debbie Trevenen - http://debbiescrafttime.blogspot.com/
- Linda Simpson - http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com/
- Rachelle - http://creationsbyrachelle.blogspot.com
- Jamie - http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
- Jess - http://www.KinderStampO.com
- Sandra - http://www.365daysofcricut.blogspot.com
- Cher- http://www.cherevansstudio.blogspot.com
- Lori - http://www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com
- Dena - http://missdjones.blogspot.com
- Sandie - http://sandieshores.blogspot.com
- Alina - http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com
- Lisa L - http://craftylam.blogspot.com
- Janet S - http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com
- Beckie - http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
NOW for my personal Blog Candy (as your reward for reading THIS far!!) ... I have assembled a Christmas stocking full of scrappers' goodies. It will be won by one lucky person who is selected at random (by www.Random.org) from a FOLLOWER HERE who leaves a comment on THIS blog answering the following question:
Of the 9 reindeer Meljen digi-stamps I've colored and shown above (from my Day #1 banner), which one is your favorite, and why?
Thank you again for visiting today. I hope you're inspired to make your own Holiday Banner ... let your inner Elf emerge!
DON'T FORGET ... HOP OVER TO MICHELLE NEXT!