Welcome to "...and Felicity makes 10!," a surprise baby shower for our mutual friend, Shawnee, who is known in the blogging world as the blogger behind "Blessed on the Bright Side."
In her real world, though, Shawnee is known best as "Mom" -- to a precious brood of soon-to-be TEN beautiful children! What a great family and what a blessing.
Today we are having a surprise baby shower for Shawnee as our gift to celebrate her precious new arrival, a little girl who Shawnee and family have named Felicity.
Each of the blog hoppers here knows Shawnee in many ways. I came to know Shawnee best when she lovingly and generously made banners for special needs kids, in the Banner Hops I've sponsored for Pediatric Specialty Care.
Even though (and maybe because) Shawnee clearly has her own challenges in raising children like Brighton, her precious little guy with Mitochondrial Disorder, she still finds time to give of herself to other children with special needs. Sometimes she's worked on her banners while sitting bedside in a hospital, but still, she cared enough to reach out to "my" young kids at PSC (where I am Admissions Coordinator), as if they were her own.
Thank you Shawnee, for that love!
We have each made a two (2)-page 12x12" layout for Shawnee to post baby's new adventures, to help Shawnee get started on a scrapbook just for Felicity!
Here is my "Perfect 10 (diva)" Layout I designed and made for the newest (and only the second!) girl in Shawnee's family:
Admittedly, I'm not much of a scrapbooker, so this was a bit of a challenge for me. (I'm a cardmaker!) To make this layout, I used Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker paper in her new "Audrey" line that honors Nikki's late grandmother. The cute baby peeking over the upper right corner was taken from a vintage (1960!) baby book I found at a consignment store. To use it, I scanned it into my computer and used it as clip art.
The dictionary definition of diva was also taken from a vintage dictionary found at the same store ... can you believe they had "divas" back then!? I guess that's an age-old term!
Now that you've seen my layout, don't forget to get a peek at all of the other sweetness that has been (and will be) sent to Shawnee for her baby's scrapbook. The "....and Felicity Makes 10" hop started at Lynne at Her Craftiness. Your next stop along the way is with Anita at Anita and Bugs.
But wait ... before you go ... what is a Hop without Blog Candy?
I'd love it if you left a comment here during this Hop, and become a follower here too. If you do and are selected at random of the winner of my blog candy, I have an adorable stamp you'll win, honoring your every crafty day:
Remember: to be eligible to win this stamp, you must be a follower of my blog, and leave a comment on this post. In your comment, please do leave a way for me to reach you, should you be the lucky winner!
And for eligibility for the overall Hop Blog Candy, don't miss leaving a comment at Lynne's Her Craftiness blog. Lynne's giving away some wonderful goodies from her stash. There are other blogs that are having blog candy too, so don't forget to hop on through. Here's the entire blog hop order, in case you're lost:
- Lynne ~ http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/ (baby shoesies)
- Kimberly ~ http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com (babies first pictures)
- Colleen ~ http://www.cbcscrapbooking.blogspot.com (bath time)
- Tina ~ http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com
- Rachelle~http://creationsbyrachelle.blogspot.com (Bloom & Grow)
- Lisa ~ http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/ (Sugar and Spice)
- Beth ~ http://motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com/ ~ (Babies Wardrobe)
- Michelle ~ http://michellesdesignsforyou.blogspot.ca/ Hello world ,my name is Felicity
- Ellen ~ http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/ A "Perfect 10" - Diva page! YOU ARE HERE!
- Anita ~http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com New Arrival -- This is your next stop!
- Melissa~ http://pinkpolkadotscrapping.blogspot.com (my mommy and daddy page)
- Brenda ~ http://www.friendscraftinwithfriends.blogspot.com/ (sweet pea)
- Suzanne-http://www.cricutcraftingrammy.blogspot.com (sleeping page)
- Lisa W.-http://mycraftyspaces.blogspot.com (Peas in a Pod)
- Carolyn http://messmuddleandfun.blogspot.co.uk/ Hand and Footprints
Again, congratulations to Shawnee and Jason, and all 9 of their beautiful children, as they welcome their tenth baby: precious baby girl, Felicity.