I work at Pediatric Specialty Care as Admissions Coordinator. The children (ages 0-21) we see are medically-fragile and technologically-dependent -- many are tethered to a ventilator that runs through a tracheostomy; most are wheelchair-bound, and cognitively impaired. They are all delightful children who face life with optimism and hope for a better tomorrow.
No matter their limitations, the eyes of the kids who reside at Pediatric Specialty Care light up when given a handmade banner or card. They love the bright colors, and knowing that there are so many people from around the world care enough to send them these decorations for their rooms.
On this hop, we have 38 generous hoppers who have created fabulous banners. I've split the group in half so you're not overwhelmed with completing the hop in just one day.
So DO stop back tomorrow to visit the second set of unique and precious banners. Please scroll down for the full list of today's hop stops.
And there's BLOG CANDY to be had!! THANK YOU to our generous sponsors who have provided prizes to those who hop along. Here are our sponsors and their prizes:
|Jellypark Digital Stamps will award |
2 free digi-images to the winner of this prize!
The winner of this prize will be selected
via RANDOMdotORG from all the
comments received on Day #1.
|Robyn's Fetish Digital Designs will donate|
FIVE (5!!!) digital images to the winner of this prize.
The winner of this prize will be chosen via
RANDOMdotORG from all the comments
posted on Day #2 (Saturday).
All hoppers are eligible to win. Here's how:
Follow the blog and comment on as many projects as you choose -- the more blogs where you comment and follow, the more chances you have to win. There's just one catch: please actually comment on the project, which shows you've looked at the project, not just cut/pasting random comments ("CUTE! TYFS") only to win the prize.
Without further ado, here is my banner:
I alternated buggy images from Cricut's Doodlecharms cartridge (cut at 5.75") with heart charms, strung on a paper chain of red and white alternating strips. Here's a close-up:
Thank you (!!!) to each of the crafters who has made a Love Bugs Banner. Please stop by each of their blogs to send them some love. Today (Friday, January 6), please hop to the following blogs:
- Ellen ♥ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/ (YOU ARE HERE)
- Sandie Dunne - http://sandieshores.blogspot.com/ (THIS IS YOUR NEXT STOP)
- Lori Apgar - http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
- The Scrapbooking Queen~ http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/
- Linda Simpson - http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com/
- Lisa Lam- http://craftylam.blogspot.com/
- Jenny (Crazy About Cricut) - http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Carol - http://cardstockscissorsandglue.blogspot.com/
- Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Janet S - http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
- Denise - http://vintageheartfeltdesigns.blogspot.com/
- Jamie http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
- Teresa - http://scrappintplace.blogspot.com/
- Alina - http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Dena - http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
- Martha- http://pattisscrapingtime.blogspot.com/
- Erica http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com
On Sunday, January 8, I'll do a round-up of all of the banners from both days, with a SPECIAL BIT of BLOG CANDY for the commenters who visit that day ... so come back one more time then and CHECK IT OUT!!
DON'T FORGET ... TODAY, HOP OVER TO SANDIE NEXT!