|Photoshop-created art, from a |
photograph I took of a water lily.
I've got a lot of catching up to do!
First of all, I'll be hitting the post office this week and will be mailing blog candy to those of you who have been waiting patiently. Thank you, Cindy (Momenta notecard set); Bea (Disney EK Success kit); and Jen (EmbEllies) for bearing with me. Look for your prizes in your mail this week!
I'll also be mailing cards and shhhh, a surprise to Faith Freeman, who coordinated the recent Royal Purple Freedom Blog Hop. While Faith's fundraising goal was not yet met, she certainly helped call attention to our need for solidarity against domestic violence. It is not too late to send a contribution and/or card for abused women at the Bradley Angle Home, and have a chance to win wonderful prize baskets from the Hop's sponsors.
Linda Dale (Milroy), whose blog is "The Fruit of My Hands", wins a handmade (by me!) beaded bracelet or necklace in her choice of colors/length.
AmyJo (AmyJRockStar), you've won my prize from the Royal Purple Freedom blog hop -- a pack of DCWV paper, 6 EmbEllies, and CardMonkey Glimmer Mist.
Ladies, contact me please ASAP with your mailing address. And feel free to pick up the CardMonkey Winner Blog Button (above) to celebrate your win on your blog, if you'd like.
And I have another Blog Award to celebrate, too! Mmmm, take a look at these berries, and tell me if this doesn't scream summer!! Selina at http://www.mudpiereality.com/ gave me this Irresistibly Sweet Award ... thank you! It comes with the responsibility to share 7 things about me, and to pass it on to 7 others. Here goes:
1. My new job has been both frustrating and rewarding, a rollercoaster. The good news is that it's on the up-swing, and my boss is encouraging and supportive.
2. I miss my crafting time and buddies that working full-time has brought. The last time I spent any serious crafting time upstairs was when I helped my DD Emily make a poster for her workplace ... and she used the Cricut. Otherwise, nary a chirp out of the ol' Cricuts!
3. I'd be happiest if I could make a full-time living (and wage with benefits) crafting all day! Wouldn't we all?! Second choice would be to be writing more! One day, I'll be that best-selling novelist ... until then, just a dreamer.
4. I am loving being a grandmother. What a surprise ... NOT!
What IS surprising is how quickly Charlotte is growing ... and the charming personality she has already, at just 6 months.
5. My favorite spot to vacation is the beach. And I haven't been to the beach in, like, ..... forever! (Okay, 2008)
6. I am blessed to have both parents still alive and well; in September, they will celebrate 60 years of marriage! Mom and Dad recently visited from Florida to meet Charlotte!
7. My favorite dinner is spaghetti bolognese (w/meat sauce), followed by a cake made from a store-bought package mix. How simple am I?
...and I HATE lima beans.
Alrighty ... I've bored you long enough. Let me think about the 7 bloggers who'll be getting this award. The pictures of all the sweeties, combined with spaghetti and that luscious strawberry pie, has caused a Carb Coma .... time for a zzzzzzz nap!
I'm with you on the lima beans! Ewww! :) Glad to hear everything's good. Just checked in about the Embellies the other day to make sure nothing had vaninshed in the postal system. :) NO problems with waiting- I just appreciate you doing it in the first place! Enjoy your holiday!
I was thinking about you the other day. I miss your posts! Thanks for checking in and giving us a little update. (Just don't let it be so long next time.) Happy 4th.
Thanks so much for the blog candy! I'm so excited! :0)
XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
Post a Comment