1. Thank the person who sent you this award.
2. List 7 things about yourself.
3. Send this to 15 bloggers I like to follow.
So here goes:
1. The first part is the easiest! If you haven't discovered Sarah's blog, you MUST! Her projects are really Simply Wonderful. She has a breezy, happy wit and style ... must be all that Arizona air she gets to breathe! Also, Sarah has the most fantabulous instructional papercraft videos on YouTube. Sarah, thank you ... for the award, but most of all for being you!
2. Now for the boring part, about me:
- I met the love of my life, John (aka Mr. Smiley), online back in 1994, before blogging, before online dating, before the movie "You've Got Mail", before cybercafes, etc. We swapped e-mails for a few weeks before I gave him my phone number ... and we chatted for another month before our first date. We've been an item ever since.
- My wedding anniversary (I ♥ you, Mr. Smiley) is this weekend -- March 27. It's our 12th. Seems like just yesterday!!
- I have one extraordinary daughter, Emily, age 25. She introduced me to papercrafting about a year and a half ago. Emily and her hubby Josh live just a mile away in her cute first home, so we get together to craft.
- Emily and Josh gave me my first grandbaby on December 6, 2010 -- Charlotte Grace -- the light of my life. Charlotte's cut in on Mommy's crafting time (and mine!) but she is SO worth it.
- I have two adorable dogs, Sadie and Morgan, who are both purebred AKC-registered Bichon Frises. They were married in a muttrimony ceremony three years ago; Morgan did the right thing after impregnating Sadie with five of the cutest puppies EVER.
- I am a writer. Not an editor (can't you tell, given these long posts?!). Pet peeves include finding typos in books, and those who "tweet" their text through abbreviations such as "C U L8R". LOL, ROFLMAO.
- I'm no political beast, but ran for public office in 2007 and won in a landslide. I now serve as the Chairwoman of the Board of Supervisors for my township of ~ 33,000 people. I'm the 3rd female Chair in the township's 300 year history! And in my spare time I make cards.
3. Now for the hardest part, narrowing my list of favorite blogs to just 15:
- Sarah at Simply Sarah
- Diane at Capadia Designs
- Jacque at Jacque's Joie de Vivre
- Linda at The Paper Boutique
- Shawn at The Crafty Chics Blog
- Alex at You Had Me at Craft
- Ruthie at September Ninth
- Jennifer at Crafty Card Gallery
- Theresa at The Scrapbooking Queen
- Joy at Whiff of Joy
- Selma at Selma's Stamping Corner
- Nichol at Nichol Magouirk
- Cristi at Scrappin 5 Little Cupcakes
- Jin at Under A Cherry Tree
- ____________ Awaiting your recommendation!
Again, thank you Sarah, for thinking of me for this award. So kind of you!