WELCOME to the BUNNIES and BLOSSOM BANNER HOP for Special Needs Children.
Today and tomorrow, 30+ fantastic papercrafters have come together to create Spring-themed banners to bring smiles to the faces of the children at
Pediatric Specialty Care (PSC) in Bucks County, PA, where I work as Admissions Coordinator.
The children we admit to PSC range in age from newborn to 21 years, and most of them come to PSC for long-term care. They come to PSC from all over the country, because there are so few facilities nationwide committed to caring for children who are medically-fragile and technologically-dependent.
Some of the children we see have been born too early -- preemies born so small they'd fit in the palm of your hand -- and before their lungs have had a chance to mature.
Some children at PSC have genetic diseases or birth defects or injuries, such as spina bifida, sickle cell anemia, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy or short gut syndrome, which leave these children less than able without significant mechanical support.
Other children have shorter stays to receive sub-acute care including a month-long course of antibiotics, or while their family home can be modified with ramps etc. that enable a wheelchair-bound child to live at home.
Other children suffer injuries later in their young lives that forever change their future -- those who have traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injuries from accidents (car, diving, bicycle, struck by a car), or choking injuries that have caused permanent brain injuries, and a lifetime of dependency on medical technology in order to survive, and the love of their families and PSC's staff to thrive.
These children and their families -- and our staff -- will be thrilled to receive these special Spring-themed banners, to help bring the flowers inside to cheer and delight.
Here is the banner I made for this hop:
|I used Cricut's ART PHILOSOPHY and FLOWER SHOPPE cartridges to make this banner.|
THANK YOU to the women who made banners so lovingly!
Without further ado, here is the line-up for Saturday's banner hop:
1. Ellen ♥ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
2. Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
3. Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
4. Rachelle - http://creationsbyrachelle.blogspot.com/
5. Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
6. Theresa ~ www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/
7. Nancie ~ http://alittlepieceofmebynancie.blogspot.com/
8. Janet S - http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
10. Jenny - http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/
11. Jenny D - www.yogimemories.blogspot.com/
12. Sandra http://365daysofcricut.blogspot.com/
13. Jeannie - http://polkacabana.wordpress.com/
14. Lucy - http://love2createitall.blogspot.com/
15. Shelly Lynn - http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/
16. Beth - http://motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com/
Please stop back tomorrow when the following women will be posting their banners:
And now for your blog candy.... drum roll, please........
I DO have some blog candy to thank you for visiting us today! What's the prize??!
|photo: Courtesy of Lori Apgar, winner of this CardMonkey Cricut Cozy Cover|
How about one of these beautiful handmade (by me, CardMonkey!) Cricut Cozy Covers?! Each one is individually styled in your pick of colors and embroidered words! These are RARE because I do not make them for sale and I don't sew that often!
To qualify, there are two steps:
1. Comment on as many Bunny & Blossoms Blog Hop blogs as you wish -- the more blogs on which you comment, the more chances you have to win. There will only be one winner, picked at random by Random.Org, 'cause ... like I said ... I really don't sew that often! It's PRICELESS!!
2. Follow and comment on the CardMonkey blog ... Leave a comment for me here and let me know if your name is picked, what 2 accent colors you'd like on your Cricut Cozy Cover, and what text you'd like embroidered (up to 3 lines). You MUST be a follower of the CardMonkey blog to win and you MUST leave a way for me to contact you if your name is picked.
So now .... onto your next stop on the Bunnies and Blossoms Banner Hop:
By the way, congrats to Ashley for just hitting 700 followers!!! WOW!!
Thank you for stopping by!